- Your session will begin with a safety briefing.
- You will then enter behind the scenes and into the Dragon enclosure with a zoo keeper for approx. 20 mins.
- Opportunity to feed him his favourite snacks.
- Provide enrichments for him and watch his amazing senses go to work.
- Discover where they are from, and their special adaptations for hunting their prey.
- All participants will receive a special commemorative certificate.
Terms and conditions / Experience info (Updated July 2020 to include COVID19 restrictions)
- General admission is included in the experience.
- Participants should arrive at the meeting point 5 minutes before the scheduled start time
- A mask and gloves are compulsory for this experience and will be provided. Appropriate closed toe footwear must be worn.
- Maximum of 2 participants per experience. Children must be at least 6 years of age and be accompanied by an adult. Each adult needs to pay normal zoo admission prices and must remain by the enclosure throughout the duration of the experience.
- Participants must listen to the keeper at all times. Your safety as well as the welfare of all animals is our upmost priority. The keeper can stop the encounter or ask participants to exit the enclosure at any time should they feel it necessary.
- At no point will participants be in the actual enclosure with the Komodo Dragon, but set scent trails and will also feed him behind the safety of metal bars.
- Disabilities: Participants with learning or visual impairment must be accompanied by a carer who takes full responsibility for the adherence of health and safety and welfare protocols. Accompanying carers cannot participate in the experience. Unfortunately there is no wheelchair access available for this experience.
- People with illnesses affecting their immune system, pregnant or nursing women or women who have given birth in the last months cannot participate in the experience.
- Crocodiles of the World reserve the right to cancel the experience at any point for animal welfare reasons.