- Your session will begin with a safety briefing
- You will then enter the Tortoise enclosures with a zoo keeper for approx. 30-45 mins
- Opportunity to stroke them and feed them their favourite snacks
- Close interaction – watch them in their enclosure walking, swimming and communicating
- Discover where they are from, their diet, individual personalities and their importance for conservation of this species.
- All participants will receive a special commemorative certificate.
|Giant Galapagos Tortoise Experience||£35.00||Click here|
Terms and conditions / Experience info
- General admission is included in the Tortoise keeper experience.
- Participants should arrive at the meeting point 1:40pm for a prompt 1.45pm start.
- Appropriate closed toe footwear must be worn for this experience and you will be provided with wellies and powder free nitile gloves. These must be worn for health and safety reasons.
- Maximum of 6 participants per experience. Children must be at least 5 years of age and be accompanied by an adult. Each adult needs to pay normal zoo admission prices and must remain by the enclosure throughout the duration of the experience.
- Participants must listen to the keeper at all times. Your safety as well as the welfare of all animals is our upmost priority. The keeper can stop the encounter or ask participants to exit the meerkat enclosure at any time should they feel it necessary.
- Disabilities: Participants with learning or visual impairment must be accompanied by a carer who takes full responsibility for the adherence of health and safety and welfare protocols. Accompanying carers can enter the enclosure but must not participate in the experience. Unfortunately there is currently no wheelchair access available for this experience.
- Pregnant/ nursing mothers who have given birth within the previous six months cannot participate for health and safety reasons.
- Crocodiles of the World reserve the right to cancel the experience at any point for animal welfare reasons.