- Your session will begin with a safety briefing
- You will then enter the Tortoise enclosure with a zoo keeper for approx. 20-30 mins
- Opportunity to stroke them and feed them their favourite snacks
- Close interaction – watch them as they walk about, interact with each other or have a soak in their pool.
- Discover where they are from, their diet, individual personalities about the conservation of this species.
- All participants will receive a special commemorative certificate.
Terms and conditions / Experience info
- General admission is included in the Tortoise keeper experience.
- Participants should arrive at the meeting point 11am/or 3pm for a prompt start.
- Appropriate closed-toe footwear must be worn for this experience and you will be provided with bio-secure wellies and powder-free nitrile gloves. These must be worn for health and safety reasons.
- Maximum of 6 participants per experience. Children must be at least 5 years of age to participate and must be accompanied by an adult. Accompanying adults that are not also booked on the experience need to pay normal zoo admission prices and must remain outside of but by the enclosure for the duration of the experience.
- Participants must listen to the keeper at all times. Your safety as well as the welfare of all animals is our main priority. The keeper can stop the encounter or ask participants to exit the tortoise enclosure at any time should they feel it necessary.
- Disabilities: Participants with learning or visual impairment must be accompanied by a carer who takes full responsibility for the adherence of health and safety and welfare protocols. Unfortunately there is currently no wheelchair access available for this experience.
- People with illnesses affecting their immune system, pregnant or nursing women or women who have given birth in the last months cannot participate in the experience.
- Crocodiles of the World reserve the right to cancel the experience at any point for animal welfare reasons.