'Crocs' on the radio!
You may or may not have heard our radio campaigns on Heart FM! If not, turn your dial to 102.6 FM or listen online!
Summer holiday guided zoo tours
If you're looking for a summer holiday day out with lots for you and the family to see, do and explore, in a stunningly beautiful location, and with breathtaking wildlife, look no further than Crocodiles of the World!
We are running guided tours throughout the summer holidays. Arrive at a time that suits you, being sure not to miss the crocodile talk itself at 3.00pm, then take the time to explore the zoo on your own. You will see the crocodiles in a natural setting and have the opportunity to observe them in the water and on land, swimming, eating, sleeping, and interacting with the croc team.
There is even an opportunity to handle one of the baby crocodiles!
Join the wild encounters from 2pm, with the guided tour and crocodile talk starting at 3pm.
Take your time to explore the zoo after the tour, until 4.30pm.
Make your visit to the zoo a little more fun with our fact-finding Scavenger Hunts! These fun quizzes are a great way to enhance your visit. Hunt around the zoo for clues and enjoy a little friendly competition! See how many questions you can find the answer to.
Quizzes are available at the front desk.
Other zoo highlights include:
- See 12 of the world's 23 remaining species of crocodiles, alligators and caimans
- Meet our newest arrival, Hugo, an awesome male Siamese crocodile, weighing in at over 100kgs and measuring 3 metres!
- Underwater viewing zone - come within inches of more than 30 Nile crocs!
- Rare and critically endangered Cuban crocodiles
- Home the UK's only pair of black caimans
- Year-round enclosures for hatchlings and juvenile crocs
Crocodiles of the World's guided zoo tours take place throughout the summer holidays, 2.00pm - 4.30pm, until Monday, 3rd September. See below for a complete list of tour dates.
For more information call the 'Croc' team on 01993 706990.
Book your place
To book your place call 01993 706990 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, if your group turns up on the day, you can just pay at the front desk, although we recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment.
Dates for Summer Holidays 2012
Please find below a list of dates for Summer guided tours at the zoo:
Summer Holiday Dates
Wednesday 25th July 2012
Friday 27th July 2012
Monday 30th July 2012
Tuesday 31st July 2012
Wednesday 1st August 2012
Thursday 2nd August 2012
Friday 3rd August 2012
Tuesday 7th July 2012
Wednesday 8th August 2012
Thursday 9th August 2012
Friday 10th August 2012
Saturday 11th August 2012
Monday 13th August 2012
Tuesday 14th July 2012
Wednesday 15th August 2012
Thursday 16th August 2012
Saturday 18th August 2012
Monday 20th August 2012
Tuesday 21st July 2012
Wednesday 22nd August 2012
Thursday 23rd August 2012
Friday 24th August 2012
Monday 27th August 2012
Tuesday 28th July 2012
Wednesday 29th August 2012
Thursday 30th August 2012
Friday 31st August 2012
Monday 3rd September 2012
Prices and payment
Admission prices for summer guided zoo tours:
|SUMMER HOLIDAY GUIDED TOUR PRICES|
|Children (3-16 years)||£5.50|
|Infants (under 3 years)||Free|
- Children (3-16 years inclusive) must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Concessionary rates apply to state pensioners.
- Disabled guests are entitled to receive the appropriate concession admission rate.
- Please remember the zoo is a tropical climate, which is hot and humid – drinks are available in the gift shop.
- Free parking is available at the zoo. Please note that this car park is only available during event open periods.
If you have any questions, please call 01993 706990 or contact us.
Through a guided tour, you will develop a much better understanding of crocodiles, their habitats, and conservation efforts.
- Includes admission to the zoo
- See all 12 crocodile species - including our group of Nile crocs
- Enjoy a 20-minute talk then explore the zoo on your own
- Our tour expert guides answer your questions
- Refreshments and gift shop
- Outdoor picnic area
Don't forget a camera – there are plenty of photo opportunities!
Signup for zoo news
Want up-to-the-minute croc news? Sign up for our monthly email newsletter and get zoo news, events and information delivered to your email.