For more detailed information about the zoo exhibits, hours, location, ticket pricing, and information about animals, download the visitor guide.
Weekend open days
Crocodiles of the World is open to visitors every Saturday and Sunday between 10.00am and 5.00pm.
Come and visit the UK's only crocodile zoo. See more than 80 crocodiles, alligators and caimans, including our large group of Nile crocs, our breeding pair of critically endangered Siamese crocodiles, Daisy our camera-friendly American alligator, rare Cuban crocodiles, and the UK's only pair of black caimans.
What can I expect?
- More than 80 amazing crocodiles, alligators and caimans
- Underwater viewing enclosure for our 30-strong group of Nile crocodiles
- Hatchling and incubation enclosures*
- Other reptiles including several species of monitor lizard, snakes and turtles
- Feeding displays at 11am, 1pm and 3pm*
- Opportunity to hold a baby crocodile*
- Gift shop offering light refreshments, toys, T-shirts, key rings and much more
- Outdoor picnic area and private garden (with resident giant tortoise)
*These events may change subject to the management of the zoo, its animals and time of year.
Our team will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about our animals or about crocodiles in general.
Free parking will be available and there are toilets on-site. We are pleased to provide hot and cold drinks and refreshments from our gift shop and there's plenty of space to picnic if you'd rather bring your own food. The site is partially accessible for those with mobility scooters and wheelchairs.
|OPEN DAY HOURS|
|Every Saturday and Sunday except Christmas Day and New Year's Day||from 10am to 5.00pm|
Prices and payment
Admission prices for weekend open days:
|OPEN DAY ADMISSION PRICES|
|Children (3-16 years)||£5.50|
|Infants (under 3 years)||Free|
- Children (3-16 years inclusive) must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Concessionary rates apply to state pensioners.
- Disabled guests are entitled to receive the appropriate concession admission rate.
Book your tickets online
Weekend open day tickets can now be booked and purchased online through the online booking system.
Please note we do not send out paper tickets. Reservations will be held under the name with which you made the purchase. You may wish to bring a copy of your receipt.
To book your place, please check the availability of tickets below and then make your payment online.
|WEEKEND OPEN DAY DATES|
|Saturday, 22nd June 2013|
|Sunday, 23rd June 2013|
|Saturday, 29th June 2013|
|Sunday, 30th June 2013|
|Saturday, 6th July 2013|
|Sunday, 7th July 2013|
|Saturday, 13th July 2013|
|Sunday, 14th July 2013|
To purchase more than one ticket, select the ticket type, then click Add to Cart. At this time, you have the option to purchase different types of tickets by clicking Continue shopping. When you are ready to complete your transaction, click Proceed to Checkout.
PayPal securely processes payments for Crocodiles of the World. Complete your payment in just a few clicks. Don't have a PayPal account? Use your credit card or bank account (where available).
- Please remember the zoo is a tropical climate, which is hot and humid – drinks are available in the gift shop.
- Free parking is available at the zoo. Please note that this car park is only available during event open periods.
The zoo is partially accessible for the disabled and wheelchair users.
All visitors are advised that there are uneven and cracked floors throughout the zoo, with a risk of tripping. Some walkways are not suitable for wheelchair users or those with access difficulties. Wheelchair users are strongly advised to pre-book in advance.
There are accessible toilets at the zoo but these are not fully equipped for the disabled and wheelchair users. If you're unsure or have any questions, please contact us.
If you have any questions, please call 01993 706990 or contact us.
A family day out
Visit us on an open day to explore the zoo and find out more about our amazing animals.
- Meet all 12 crocodile species - including rare Siamese crocs
- Underwater viewing enclosures for eye-to-eye encounters!
- Hatchling enclosures
- Information boards full of fascinating facts
- Refreshments and gift shop
- Outdoor picnic area
Don't forget a camera - there are plenty of photo opportunities!
Brochure and map
Download our 2012 brochure containing a zoo map, along with details of the animals that you can expect to encounter on your visit.
How to find us
Parking is available on-site at the zoo and we are easily accessible by public transport with several train stations nearby. For directions please click on the link below:
If you are unable to make online payment, you can also make a telephone booking by calling the visitors' centre on 01993 706990.