Opened in February 2011 - the realisation of a dream for the zoo's founder, lifelong crocodile enthusiast and conservationist, Croc Man Shaun Foggett, Crocodiles of the World is dedicated to the conservation of crocodiles, alligators and caimans.
Crocodiles of the World seeks to increase communication, education, and public awareness of crocodiles and crocodile conservation. We serve as a visitors centre, where people can learn about crocodiles and see many species up close and in complete safety.
Whether through interaction with the animals or engaging learning sessions, we hope to dispel the notion of crocodiles as static, unchanging 'living fossils' and spark the interest and curiosity of our visitors.
We also hope to inspire people to help our ongoing conservation work and the ongoing conservation projects of partner organisations.
Listed below are some of our achievements to date.
- In 2009 Shaun successfully hatched the first clutch of West African dwarf crocodiles by a private breeder
- In June 2010 we exhibited the UK's largest group of Nile crocodiles
- In August 2011 we opened the UK's first and only crocodile zoo
- We are the only zoo or private collection in the UK to exhibit Black caimans
- We are the only zoo or private collection in the UK to exhibit Siamese crocodiles
Click the links to the left to learn more about crocodile conservation, our future plans, and how you can help and support us in our conservation work and help us to care for the animals at the zoo.